BONE BROTH!!! EVERYONE FREAK OUT!!! Seriously though I can’t get over how insane the foodie world has become about Bone Broth, and it’s AWESOME! There’s been plenty of shitty fads in the past (like low-fat and low-cal diets) but I gotta say I can totally stand behind this bone broth craze. Because, hello, I’m totally a part of it!
Many of you on Instagram have been asking me how I make my Bone Broth, and the time has finally come! I’ve made so many Insta-stories about this, but then they disappear in 24 hours and I leave everyone hanging. I’m so rude. But now here we are! To be found on the blog forever, you can make my AHHHmazingly simple and incredibly nourishing Bone Broth 🙂
If y’all are wanting a more in-depth explanation about this incredible elixir and WHY it is so insanely nutrient dense, healing, and heavenly- check out this post!
- 2 lbs Grass-fed Beef Marrow Bones
- 2 lbs Organic Chicken Feet (YES, chicken feet. Not a typo!)
- 1 Red Onion, peeled + cut into quarters
- 1 whole head of garlic, chopped in half
- 5 sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 5 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 4 Organic Whole Carrots, cut into 2" pieces
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 1 Fennel Root, cut into quarters
- 2 tsp Real Mineral Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ~6 quarts of water
- 1" Piece of fresh Turmeric root cut into 4 pieces (or 1 tsp turmeric powder) -- Used for anti-inflammatory properties
- Throw all the ingredients into your slow cooker, bones + feet first with veggies and herbs on top.
- Fill the slow cooker up to the rim with water, throw the lid on and cook on LOW for at least 24 hours.
- Strain + enjoy immediately or store in a glass container (We use ½ gallon Mason Jars) for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Sip 8-16oz in a mug daily, or use as soup base