Instagram has continually been my source of inspiration and creativity for all meal + snack ideas over the last year or so. My methodology: Stuck on what to make? Check out the Instagram feed.
One thing I LOVE about Instagram is the ability to make seriously amazing friends all over the world. Some of you may or may not experience this on your own social media platforms, but I’ve been so blessed to cross paths with some seriously wonderful humans on Instagram. One of these people, Shannon from @fitstrongshann, consistently makes mouth-watering waffles every Wednesday for #wafflewednesday (adorbs, right?) and I always find myself SWOONING over her recipes!
Ironically enough, a family member bought the hubs and I a waffle maker for our wedding, so it was game on! We wanted to make some simple gluten free waffles at first, so we used our favorite GF mix: Pamelas Gluten Free Baking + Pancake Mix.
After mastering those, I decided it was time to channel my inner “Shannon” and try my hand at a completely homemade paleo waffle recipe. This tasty recipe is the result, and I have to say… I am SO pleasantly surprised by the flavor, texture, and how EASY these paleo waffles are to make. I’m so excited to share them with you and know you’re going to LOVE them!
- 2 Mashed ripe bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp almond milk (I used my homemade recipe)
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil (and some extra for greasing the waffle iron)
- 1 Tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 1.5 Cups Bobs Red Mill Paleo Flour
- ¼ tsp Redmond Real Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ C. Enjoy Life chocolate Chips
- Crushed Walnuts
- Melted Chocolate
- Banana Slices
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat your waffle maker (we LOVE our 4-square All-Clad!)
- In a small bowl, mash ripe bananas then whisk in the eggs, vanilla, almond milk, melted coconut oil and pure maple syrup.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together the Paleo flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry until well combined then add the chocolate chips.
- coat a small piece of paper towel with coconut oil + wipe across the waffle iron to grease the iron. (or be smart and buy coconut oil spray...)
- Add waffle batter to iron and cook to your desired crispiness 🙂 ENJOY!
PS- I hit 10k followers on Instagram this week and I literally cannot thank you all enough for your continued love and support of whatcaitate! It’s been such a journey these last few months and my dream job literally wouldn’t exist without all of your love, so THANK YOU!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!