Happy FRIYAY! I wish you could all see and feel the beautiful sunshine that is pouring into our apartment right now. It’s straight up magic. I’ve spent the first hour of the morning reading and sipping on some Dandy Blend… so yeah its a pretty damn good day!
I’m headed home to PA on Sunday for a long week with my family and I CANNOT wait!! I haven’t been to the East for 8 months, which is just insane. Also can’t believe we’ve been living in Colorado for 8 months already!? It’s been so amazing, my heart is so full, but where the eff did time go?! Is this what adulthood is like?!
Speaking of adulthood, our wedding is in 91 days, HOLY MOLY what the hell. I want to jump up and down and scream from excitement and run away all at the same time. Was anyone else freakishly terrified of their wedding ceremony, or is it just me?..
Thank God for these Paleo Peanut Butter Blossoms with Justin’s Dark Chocolate PB Cups to distract me for the next 3 months. These are freakin’ amazing! AND I made them with leftover almond pulp from making homemade almond milk! Genius, right? I know, I know.
I decided to use the almond pulp right away after straining the milk out and make these bomb AF cookies, and you should too. Like, right now.
- 1 Cup Almond Pulp (from Homemade Almond Milk)
- ¼ Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 Whole Egg, whisked
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Real Salt
- ¼ Cup Coconut Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Packs of Justin's Dark Chocolate PB Cups (You'll use 5 cups in total)
- Make homemade almond milk + set the leftover almond pulp aside in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine almond "pulp" with dry ingredients: shredded coconut, salt, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking soda + baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients: whisked egg, melted coconut oil + vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until well combined.
- Make cookie dough balls the size of a heaping tablespoon and place on parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, unwrap your Justin's Dark Chocolate PB Cups and cut each cup into ¼'s and set aside.
- When cookies are done baking, immediately push ¼ of a Justin's PB Cup into the top of each cookie while cookies are still hot.
- Enjoy immediately with a cup of homemade almond milk or store in the fridge or on your counter for up to 2 weeks.
Side note: You can also use the leftover almond pulp to make almond flour to use on a later date by spreading it out thin on parchment paper + a baking sheet and bake at the lowest temp your oven will go for 1-2 hours. This process will dehydrate the almond pulp, making it safe to store in a jar so that it wont get moldy from the minimal, excess liquid you couldn’t squeeze out from the Nut Milk Bag.
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!