There’s all these random days for foods lately: National Chocolate Day! Ice Cream Day! World Donut Day! National Peanut Butter Day! I don’t remember this ever being a thing growing up, but hey if there’s a celebration of food going on, I’m all about it! It just so happens that today, February 26th, is WORLD PISTACHIO DAY so I decided to celebrate with these seriously amazing (and incredibly easy) Pistachio-Cacao Energy Bites! You’re going to LOVE them, I promise.
And would it be world pistachio day without some Pistachio Fun Facts?!
- 2 oz. of Pistachios have more potassium than a large banana (say what?!)
- They have more antioxidants per 100 gram than blueberries and pomegranate juice
- Pistachios pack 6g of protein per serving
These are the perfect little grab-and-go, make ahead of time snack to keep with you during the week. The MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) from the coconut oil + coconut butter supply a kick ass dose of pure energy for our cells while the dates + pistachios give you a boost of healthy fatty acids and natural carbohydrates. All you folks looking for great pre-workout ideas, I’m lookin at you!!
- 5 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 Cup Pistachios (unsalted)
- ½ Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Cacao
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Butter (manna)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- ¼ Tsp Real Salt
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Ground Pistachios
- 1 Tbsp Shredded Coconut
- Once the ground ¼ cup of pistachios are REMOVED from the food processor: add the dates, 1 cup pistachios, vanilla, cacao, coconut butter, coconut oil, salt and cinnamon. Pulse on high for about 2-4 minutes until well combined.
- Use your hands to create 1" balls with the mixture then roll each ball in the pistachio-coconut coating, making sure all sides are evenly covered.
- Enjoy immediate or store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!
I like to buy my pistachios from Setton Farms because they’re Non-GMO certified and have been in the business for over 30 years! These people know what they’re doing. They’re also the 2nd largest pistachio grower + processor in the US, hot dayum!