There’s all these random days for foods lately: National Chocolate Day! Ice Cream Day! World Donut Day! National Peanut Butter Day! I don’t remember this ever being a thing growing up, but hey if there’s a celebration of food going on, I’m all about it! It just so happens that today, February 26th, is WORLD PISTACHIO DAY so I decided to celebrate with these seriously amazing (and incredibly easy) Pistachio-Cacao Energy Bites! You’re going to LOVE them, I promise.
And would it be world pistachio day without some Pistachio Fun Facts?!
- 2 oz. of Pistachios have more potassium than a large banana (say what?!)
- They have more antioxidants per 100 gram than blueberries and pomegranate juice
- Pistachios pack 6g of protein per serving
These are the perfect little grab-and-go, make ahead of time snack to keep with you during the week. The MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) from the coconut oil + coconut butter supply a kick ass dose of pure energy for our cells while the dates + pistachios give you a boost of healthy fatty acids and natural carbohydrates. All you folks looking for great pre-workout ideas, I’m lookin at you!!
- 5 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 Cup Pistachios
- ½ Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Cacao
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Butter (manna)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- ¼ Tsp Real Salt
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Ground Pistachios
- 1 Tbsp Shredded Coconut
- Once the ground ¼ cup of pistachios are REMOVED from the food processor: add the dates, 1 cup pistachios, vanilla, cacao, coconut butter, coconut oil, salt and cinnamon. Pulse on high for about 2-4 minutes until well combined.
- Use your hands to create 1" balls with the mixture then roll each ball in the pistachio-coconut coating, making sure all sides are evenly covered.
- Enjoy immediate or store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!