These pancakes BLEW MY MIND at how amazingly delicious, fluffy, and fulfilling they are! It’s a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.
I’ve been consuming collagen multiple times a day for about a year now, and I’ve noticed some MAJOR changes in my digestion + skin. Though I do owe my kick ass skin partially to Primally Pure, I also owe it partially to my clean diet and use of collagen peptides DAILY. I try to add collagen to random things like drinks, tea, baked goods, and now pancakes! Collagen is badass because it doesn’t taste like anything and it easily mixes into pretty much everything you could imagine. (For more info on collagen- check out this blog post)
I’ve also found myself addicted to Golden Root’s Turmeric Latte Mix after getting rid of coffee. It’s got the most PERFECT balance of flavors, keeps you consistent with that morning routine of having a warm beverage, and pairs perfectly with some homemade almond or cashew milk. ((Ingredients: Organic coconut milk powder, organic coconut sugar, organic turmeric powder, organic ginger powder, organic black pepper, pink salt, and organic cayenne pepper))
*note* COFFEE ISN’T BAD- I just personally cannot handle the caffeine because of my genetics. I feel like I’m having a panic attack and like my heart is going to leap out of my chest when I have caffeine. YAY for metabolizing caffeine slowly!
Anyway- I lOVE these two products, and have codes for you guys to use at checkout from their websites if you’d like to get your own Further Food Collagen + Golden Root Turmeric Latte Mix for 10% off!:
Golden Root: Use code ‘CAIT10’
Further Foods Collagen: Use code ‘WHATCAITATE5’
The Berry-Chia Jam that goes along with this recipe is pure genius and SO SO SO delicious! It’s super simple to make, and will last in the fridge for 2 weeks or so. Feel free to use it like regular jam after this recipe!
- 1½ Cup Birch Benders Pancake Mix, Paleo
- 2 tbsp Golden Root Turmeric Latte Mix
- 2 Scoops Further Food Collagen (or whatever brand you like best)
- 1⅓ Cup Homemade Almond Milk
- Butter for the pan
- Melted coconut butter (optional topping)
- 2 10oz bags of FROZEN raspberries (or berries of your choice)
- 5 Tbsp + 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- Drop of Pure Maple Syrup (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl or mason jar, mash up the frozen raspberries with a fork and add in the chia seeds + maple syrup. Mix well.
- Set aside for at least 1 hour until chia seeds absorb the liquid from the frozen fruit and create a jam-like consistency.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the Birch Benders Paleo Pancake mix, Golden Root Turmeric powder, + collagen. Mix well with a fork.
- Add in the homemade almond milk + mix well.
- The batter will be thin at first- let it sit for a few minutes to thicken.
- Cook over medium heat on a lightly-buttered skillet. Flip once and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Layer the pancakes with the Berry Chia Jam + top with melted coconut butter if you wish!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!